Magazine Articles and Webpages About Heuers
- A Collector's History -- Heuer Chronographs (Part One) -- Jeff Stein's article provides a brief history of Heuer chronographs, from the mid-1930s' through 1968, from the collector's perspective. From the November 2007 issue of International Watch; 11 pages.
- Heuer Und Motorsport -- Arno Haslinger provides a history of the connection between the Heuer chronographs, motorsports and the racers.
- Heuer Carrera Chronographs: A Brief Overview: Then, Now and the Future -- This webpage provides a history of the Heuer Carrera; by Matthias Liebe-Kleymann & Chuck Maddox.
- Heuer Carrera Chronographs -- Arno Haslinger provides a history of the Heuer Carreras, with beautiful photos of the watches. In Italian and English; from the March 2010 issue of OM.
- "Project 99" -- The Race to Develop the First Automatic Chronograph. -- Jeff Stein's two-part article describes the race to produce the world's first automatic chronograph, with Heuer, Breitling, Buren and Dubois-Depraz emerging as the winners. Versions appearing in International Watch also available as a PDF.
- Heuer Monaco Chronographs -- Arno Haslinger provides a history of the Heuer Monacos; in Italian and English; from OM magazine.
- Heuers Unbekannte Seite ["Heuer's Unknown Side"] -- With so much written about Heuer's "big three" (Autavia, Carrera and Monaco), Arno Haslinger's very interesting article (in German) traces the history of the lesser known Heuers from the 1960s and 1970s -- Camaro, Calculator, Cortina, Daytona, etc. From the December 2009 issue of Chronos.
- Heuer / TAG-Heuer & Tourneau Lemania 5100 & Valjoux 7750 Chronographs -- Chuck Maddox provides a brief overview of these chronographs.
- John Glenn's Heuer -- The First Swiss Watch in Space -- Jeff Stein's webpage tells the story of John Glenn's use of a Heuer stopwatch on his February 1962 flight and how this watch was discovered, 44 years after the fact. Read the webpage, or read the article that appeared in the November 2006 issue of International Watch.
- Barack Obama's Watches -- Jeff Stein's webpage tells the story of Barack Obama's watches, including the TAG-Heuer Series 1500 that he wore for many years. The story is also told in an article appearing in International watch, April 2009.
- Antiquorum Auction of "Heuer" Index Mobile Chronograph --"Fake " or "Custom Made"? -- Jeff Stein's November 2008 webpage provides a day-by-day account of an Antiquorum auction of a fake "Heuer", sold even after the auction house was fully aware that the watch was a fake.
- Too Big To Be True-- Identifying Oversized Heuers as the Not-So-Real Things -- This article describes how a series of expensive fakes was being produced in Poland and the Czech Republic, and sold on ebay and auction houses; from the November 2003 issue of International Wristwatch.
Articles About Collecting
- Collecting 101 -- A Primer for Watch Collectors -- An introduction to watch collecting, published in International Watch, February 2005. Available in HTML or PDF
- Collecting 110 -- How to Buy a Watch (Part One) -- Practical advice on how to do background research, find watches, ask seller the tough questions, etc., published in International Watch, June 2005. Available in HTML or PDF
- Collecting 110 -- How to Buy a Watch (Part Two) -- We complete the purchase, with advice on determining value, making the bid, paying for the watch and arranging for shipment; published in International Watch, September 2005. Available in HTML or PDF
- Collecting 120 -- How to Sell a Watch (Part One) -- In this article, we discuss the collector's "Unspeakable Act" -- selling a watch. We help with such issues are determining whether to sell, selecting the market in which you will sell, describing your watch, preparing the watch and taking the photographs that will support your effort. Available in HTML and PDF
- Vintage Fantasy Collection -- Five Watches for $8,000 -- What if you had a budget of $8,000, and could select any five watches for your collection? This article, published in International Watch, April 2007, provides some suggestions for this collection. Available in HTML or PDF
Collections of Articles